Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Artist Spotlight

I keep running from my past.
Somehow it keeps following me.
I'm looking at the present & the future,
Visioned myself just walking free.
I'm not bound anymore.
Couldn't find no clothes, no food. Is anything around me?
There was nothing.
Riding in the car & I could't see nothing.
Gun to my head & I couldn't say nothing.
I was finna get shot.
Bang. Bang. Bang.
Running from the cops.
Got a short life, it's ticking like a clock.
Will I die in a minute or an hour?
I couldn't decide which,
It could go any second.
When I saw my first weapon,
I'm like, "Can I play with it?"
Then I knew it was dangerous.
Voices in my head, so many languages
Speaking German, Spanish, Dutch
CP3 I just double clutch on ya.
Food on my plate, wish I had a fork for ya.

- Joshua E. Collins


The Artist Spotlight is a chance to showcase your talents. You can record yourself rapping, singing or playing an instrument. You can submit a poem, short story, drawing or comic. Show your classmates how talented you are!

Send all submissions to Ms. Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment